What’s more authentic than learning AT the Hall of Fame? The Saturday Lesson program is designed to make bluegrass music more accessible to all who are interested in learning to play an instrument.
Thanks to grants from the Micheal E. Horn Family Foundation and the Lester E. Yeager Charitable Trust as well as the generosity of Champion Ford in Owensboro, Kentucky, lessons are offered at a heavily discounted rate to the students.
Spring 2021 Classes
Join us for the Fall Session of Saturday Lessons! Due to Covid-19, we're only offering the Band Class for the Spring Semester. Classes begin April 3rd and run every other Saturday until June 26th. Students will receive music (chord sheets and tabs) digitally via email ahead of time. No hard copies will be given out at class.
Please arrive at the Hall of Fame 15 minutes before class time. The cost is $75 for the entire Fall Semester.
Things to consider before registering:
- Students have to be able to tune their own instruments.
- Have basic knowledge of playing your instrument.
- Be able to read and play with tab and chord charts on their own.
- This class is NOT for beginners, but for intermediate and advanced players.
- Each class is limited to 25 students, register today!
Beginner Band Class
- Example on fiddle E0 E1 E2 E3 and A0 A1 A2 A3
- Example on mandolin E0 E2 E4 E5 and A0 A2 A4 A5
Advanced Band Class
- Masks and social distancing are required. Chairs will be set up 6 feet apart unless you are with family members that are taking the class together.
- Only students will be allowed in the lesson room unless the student is a minor, then one parent or guardian may be present.
- Temperature checks will occur upon entering the building. If you are feeling sick or have been around anyone that has, do not come to class.
April 3rd, 17th
May 1st, 15th, 29th
June 12th, 26th
- 10:00 am Beginner BAND
- 11:30 am BAND
- 1:00 pm BAND