What’s more authentic than learning AT the Hall of Fame? The Saturday Lesson program is designed to make bluegrass music more accessible to all who are interested in learning to play an instrument.
Thanks to grants from the Micheal E. Horn Family Foundation and the Lester E. Yeager Charitable Trust as well as the generosity of Champion Ford in Owensboro, Kentucky, lessons are offered at a heavily discounted rate to the students.
Fall 2021 Classes
Join us for the Fall Session of Saturday Lessons! For the fall semester we're offering two class options: Bootcamp and Band Class. Classes begin October 16th and run every other Saturday until December 11th. Students will receive music (chord sheets and tabs) digitally via email ahead of time. No hard copies will be given out at class. All classes are 45 minutes long.
- Class Descriptions:
This class is designed for the beginner musician to have an introduction to each of the following instruments: fiddle, guitar, banjo, and mandolin. Instruments will be provide for use in class. No experience needed. Bootcamp will be offered at the following times by ages:
- 10 am - Ages 8-12
- 11 am - Ages 13 & up
Class schedule for bootcamp as follows:
- Week 1 introduction to all bluegrass instruments and bluegrass history with live demonstration.
- Week 2 Guitar
- Week 3 Banjo
- Week 4 Fiddle
- Week 5 Manolin
Advanced Band Class
Please arrive at the Hall of Fame 15 minutes before class time. The cost is $55 for the entire Fall Semester.
Things to consider before registering for Band Class:
- Students have to be able to tune their own instruments.
- Have basic knowledge of playing your instrument.
- Be able to read and play with tab and chord charts on their own.
- This class is NOT for beginners, but for intermediate and advanced players.
- Each class is limited to 25 students, register today!
- Masks and social distancing are required. Chairs will be set up 6 feet apart unless you are with family members that are taking the class together.
- Only students will be allowed in the lesson room unless the student is a minor, then one parent or guardian may be present.
- Temperature checks will occur upon entering the building. If you are feeling sick or have been around anyone that has, do not come to class.
October 16th, 30th
November 13th, 27th
- 10:00 am Bootcamp Ages 8-12
- 11:00 am Bootcamp Ages 13 & Up
- 12:00 pm Intermediate BAND
- 1:00 pm Advanced BAND