What’s more authentic than learning AT the Hall of Fame? The Saturday Lesson program is designed to make bluegrass music more accessible to all who are interested in learning to play an instrument.
Thanks to grants from the Micheal E. Horn Family Foundation and the Lester E. Yeager Charitable Trust as well as the generosity of Champion Ford in Owensboro, Kentucky, lessons are offered at a heavily discounted rate to the students.
Spring 2020 Classes
Join us for the Spring Session of Saturday Lessons! Classes begin February 8th and run every other Saturday until June 27th. An instrument on loan is included with all registrations.
Please arrive at the Hall of Fame 15 minutes before class time. The cost is $90 for the first family member, and $50 for each additional. Registration fee includes an instrument on loan if needed, all classes in the session, a t-shirt, and a performance at ROMP 2020.
February 8th, 22nd
March 7th, 21st
April 4th, 18th
May 2nd, 16th, 30th
June 13th, 27th
- 9 am: Beginner Fiddle (Ages 6-7)
- 9 am: Beginner Guitar (Ages 6-7)
- 9 am: Beginner Mandolin (Ages 6-11)
- 10 am: Beginner Fiddle (Ages 8-9)
- 10 am: Beginner Guitar (Ages 8-9)
- 10 am: Beginner Mandolin (Ages 12 & Up)
- 11 am: Beginner Fiddle (Ages 10-11)
- 11 am: Beginner Guitar (Ages 10-11)
- 11 am: Intermediate Mandolin (All Ages)
- 12 pm: Beginner Fiddle (Ages 12 & up)
- 12 pm: Beginner Guitar (Ages 12 & up)
- 12 pm: Beginner Banjo (Ages 12 & up)
- 1 pm: Intermediate Fiddle (All Ages)
- 1 pm: Intermediate Guitar (All Ages)
- 1 pm: Intermediate Banjo (All Ages)
- 2 pm: Advanced Band (All Ages)
Beginners - This class is for newcomers, no skills required.
Intermediate - Beginner students that have completed two semesters and are ready to expand upon the skills learned.
Bluegrass Band - This class is for musicians and singers and will teach you how to play with others as the group learns songs together. You will learn how to arrange the song, pick the best key for the song, play along with different instruments and singers. You must have basic playing knowledge of your instrument or singing. Instruments will be acoustic only or small percussion. The styles covered will be bluegrass and country. Professional musicians and teachers will lead the class.