A unique venue for events large and small.
Located in downtown Owensboro with sweeping views of the Ohio River, The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum offers a unique venue for events large or small. With multiple event spaces designed with your event in mind and professional staff ready to transform your ideas into reality, The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum is the premier venue for a truly memorable event.
- The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum is a one-of-a-kind wedding venue. Rehearsal dinners can be held in The Gallery with seating to accommodate up to 100 guests. The Third floor offers a walk out balcony with sweeping views of the Ohio River and downtown riverfront. Guests can enjoy a private cocktail hour in the Lobby or peruse the Exhibit Space. In preparation for the big day, our Green Room is available as a bridal suite, including bar service upon request.
- For a truly unique experience, get married on the stage in Woodward Theatre, then turn the stage into a dance floor for the reception. For outdoor weddings, make it a tented event in the green space in the Outdoor Pavillion.
Corporate/Non Profit Events
- The Third Floor is our premier space for large dinners and corporate receptions or Holiday gatherings, while Woodward Theatre is the perfect venue for award ceremonies. Or, drop down the big screen for a private movie screening for employee or client appreciation. Other client appreciation event options could include a cocktail hour in the Lobby and Exhibit Space or a picnic or barbecue on the lawn near the outdoor stage.
- Class reunions, wedding rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, and family gatherings are just a few examples of how our patrons have utilized the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum for an enjoyable experience. The Gallery accommodates up to 100 people, while The Third Floor space accommodates 175-250, depending on the event. Other spaces range from 200-500 square feet, which can be arranged to fit your needs.
- Need to get out of the office? Bring your meeting to The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum. Whether it’s a mid-week work meeting or an evening board meeting, we can create a space that is comfortable, convenient, and inspiring. Soak up the creative vibe of The Exhibit Space, let your staff be rejuvenated by the view from The Gallery, or tuck away in one of our smaller meeting spaces for some uninterrupted focus. For your convenience, let us provide snacks and/or non-alcoholic drink service from the Lobby at the Hall.
The Third Floor features over 4,000 square feet of private event space, unobstructed river views, and a 990 square foot balcony overlooking the Ohio River and Downtown Owensboro. This Ballroom can accommodate approximately 350 guests for a seated dinner or over 500 guests for a cocktail style affair with a dancefloor. If there are other events taking place at The Hall on your requested date, a separate entrance for your guests may be made available at your request to maintain the integrity of your private function.
The Lobby at The Hall is located just inside the Second Street entrance. The Lobby features approximately 2,230 square feet of event space, vaulted ceilings, a grand staircase, and views of the interior exhibit space. The Lobby at The Hall has an urban feel and would be the perfect setting for a cocktail reception, class reunion, or a particularly noteworthy wedding.
The Bluegrass Music Museum Hall of Fame & Museum features over 9,000 square feet of active exhibit space. Hosting your event inside the Exhibit Space at The Hall will provide your guests the opportunity to engage with an interactive history of Bluegrass Music from its roots to what remains current today.
This space may be rented for your private event or included as an add-on to an event being hosted in another area of the museum. Guided tours for your party or group may be arranged upon request.
The Green Room at The Hall is a luxurious add-on to any event you plan to host at The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum. This well-appointed space, originally designed to cater to performing artist’s needs, features second floor river views, an elaborate kitchenette, plush lounge area, substantial bathroom with walk in shower, two walk in closets, washer and dryer, and ample vanity and mirror space. Working with our bar manager, we’ll gladly prearrange bar service for your group. This is the perfect spot for bridesmaids or a wedding party to gather prior to an event.
The Woodward Theatre is a state of the art 477 seat theatre located on the east side of the center’s first floor. This well-equipped theatre offers comfortable seating with extra wide aisles, a large stage, drop down theatre screen, and surround sound. This space is well suited for a corporate awards ceremony, training, guest speakers, stage performance, or a remarkable wedding.
The Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum has multiple rooms ranging from 200-500 square feet that can accommodate your small group. These spaces can be arranged in a variety of ways to meet the needs of your group or organization and are perfect for small birthday parties, family gatherings, or board meetings. Our events staff will gladly assist you in finding a small space that will fit your needs.